Today's People

 Today’s People


Grocery - The check-out lady had tattoos on her arms of flowers and butterflies. I said, I bet that’s nice to look at during these cold winter days. She said, yes, and pretty soon the real ones will return.


Grocery parking lot - A lady groaned getting out of her car. I said, that doesn’t sound good. She just laughed.


At UU - Two people acknowledged the humorous poetry that I read during the variety show, one, the organizer of the show, the other, a self-described stand-up comic. I thanked them, and gave them my card so they could check-out the blog.


On the river walk - An elderly lady sat on a park bench surrounded by snow and ice - she said she likes to sit here and watch on the river when her son is fishing, but her family is out of town today. Patti offered to give her an arm to help her walk in the snow, but she said she could manage with her cane


On the trestle bridge walk - A conservation warden was checking the fishing licenses of people coming off the ice from ice fishing. I told him I knew that they had closed the nearby lock in order to stop invasive species getting into the river, and then into Lake Michigan.  I asked if they had plans to reopen it. He said no, because the invasives are still in the river, especially a fish called the round goby. I wondered if he had caught any “invasives” fishing without a license.


 





 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change