Dogs and Their Humans Alike

 Dogs and Their Humans Alike


Next month I’ll be 497 dog years old,

And I want to stay!, sit!, and speak!

About a few tricks I’ve learned.

But first I want to shake paw...uh...hands

And thank you for the nice bowl of food I had for dinner. 

It was nice and meaty and good for my coat...uh...skin. 

Also I enjoyed playing fetch...uh...catch with you.

The ball is just the right size for my mouth...uh...

Paw...uh...hand. Thanks, too, for taking me on a walk,

Although I do have a bone to pick with you calling me

A heel all the time, especially when Fifi next door walked by.

My wife, you know that I’m totally devoted to you.

I try to be a good companion.

I promise I won’t growl at you so much or fall asleep on the couch.

Or leave my muddy pawprints...uh...footprints on the floor.     

Aw, you’re rubbing my neck.

It makes this old dog just want to roll-over and whimper.


  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change