The Woods Awaken

 The Woods Awaken


Yellow balls of springing leaves festoon the maple trees.

Not far behind, the bush and vine dot themselves with green.

Mallards waddle the seasonal puddles to scoop-up fallen seeds.

The grass gets greener, greener and longer, as springtime rains proceed.

The deer these days leave the trees only under cover of night.

Arriving home I found four in my drive caught in my high-beam headlights.

Now that May comes soon, it will be a boon to us who love the birds

The orioles, the grosbeaks, and those amazing hummingbirds. 

The tiny birds migrate from way South, whose aerials are quite phenomenal.

They beat their wings until they almost sing, this is a supernormal animal.

The world is greening, and I am beaming, for green is my favorite color.

Color-coordinated with my eyes, it is a prize that to me is almost stellar.

  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Memories of Nepal