Snowed-In on Christmas Eve

 Snowed-In on Christmas Eve


‘Twas the day before Christmas, forgive me my fun,

Not a human was rising, nor, it seemed, was the sun.

The suet was hung on the feeder with care, 

In hopes the cardinals soon would be there.

Red birds didn’t come and not even Old Woody,

They hid in the spruce trees, it’s so cold and windy.

Like the feathery ones, the humans laid low,

Way below zero outside, and big drifts of snow.

I braved the weather and filled the bird feeder.

Then the red birds appeared, looking quite eager.

Visions of sunflower seeds must have danced in their heads,

For, when I brought out the seed, they ate ‘til well fed.

Finally Woody the Woodpecker did swoop in,

Pecking at the suet, and making a din.

Birdseed’s a good gift, you don’t have to wrap it.

For someone like me who can’t seem to do it.

Gifts delivered, I touched my nose, tilted my head,

And then, with a wink, jumped back into bed.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change