Conversing With a Deer

 Conversing With a Deer


Pulled open the curtains, and there stood a deer looking at me. He was doing so, as if to say,

“Did you see the racoons?”


I said, “You mean the two, dark humps running across the lawn?”


The deer said, “Yes.”


I said, “I did.”


He said, “You’re observant for a human.”


I said, “We’ve been doing this for thousands of years. We’re evolved.”


He said, “Yeah, right, you are. You’re not evolved that much. You trash the natural world that we all need in order to survive And war with each other like a bunch of animals. If you’re so evolved, you should know better.” 


“You’re right, Deer,” I said. “We’ve got a long way to go. We need to listen to nature for our salvation as a species. It’s the Divine talking through you. Thanks, Deer.”


“Thank you, Human, for hearing me. Please spread the word.”


“I will.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change