Bronchospasm

 Bronchospasm


Poet’s Note: Bear with me. Patti and I have both contracted bronchitis. And the little germy contractor has been pretty nasty about it. So this is the best I can come up with for the course of the illness. A few clarifications: 1)“Bronchospasm” is an actual medical term for what we have.  “Bucking” is pretty close to what we look like, bucking broncos, while coughing. 2)Then there’s “Weary-a.” I figure if other poets can get away with stuff like this to make something rhyme, so can I.  


Cough, cough, cough.

Rattle, rattle, rattle.

I’m having bucking bronchospasms.

I’m falling off my saddle.


Sputum.sputum, sputum.

It’s time for me to dispute them.

The germs, that is, causing a fizz in my chest.

With coughs, I’m trying to boot them.


Bacteria, bacteria, bacteria.

Of you I’m totally weary-a.

Cough medicine down the hatch.

I’ll send you to Siberia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Memories of Nepal