What Am I: Riddles for Grandma and Grandpa's Party

 What Am I: Riddles for Grandma and Grandpa’s Party


I start out low, get higher and higher.

I warm things up, then disappear for awhile.


I’m tall and strong.

At different times, I’m green, then yellow, then brown.


I’m frosty cold, but can melt.

I’m sweet 31 different ways.

Kai and Connor don’t like me. (They love me!)


I can be big or small.

A pretty big one is only two miles from here.

I can have sand in places on my borders.

Some of my kind are so big you can’t see the other side.


I’m higher than a kite.

I can take any shape.

Sometimes I leak.


I have many rooms.

They are for getting smarter.

Kids like to come to me, but also like to go outside for  awhile.


You can’t see me, only the effect I have on things.

You can feel me.

I can be gentle, blustery, move straight ahead, back and forth, even swirl around.


Someone pushes one of my buttons, and, magically, a picture comes up.

More magic: people thousands of miles apart talk to each other through me.


When I’m a baby, I’m pretty dirty.

I’m actually stuck in the ground.

But when splashed with water every day, I turn out to be beautiful, even smell nice.


I am a word for both me and someone in my family.

Me and that someone, both males, are close to the same age.


 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Memories of Nepal