No, You Say?

 No, You Say? 


Ever notice that there are many more idioms including the word “no” than there are the word “yes.” Read this…


Let’s have a no-holds-barred discussion. 


  • No problem. No if’s, and’s, or but’s.


Well, I think there’s no business like show business.


  • That’s a no-brainer.


I especially like the portrayal of a no-account in the play “No Man is an Island.”


  • No comment, except I thought he was no great shakes.


No more free lunch for you!


  • Like his acting? No can do.


Well, I see you have no love lost for him.


  • Yeah, he’s a no-good in my book. No one knows the trouble I’ve seen. My life has been a no man’s land. Like him? No way. I can out-act him any day.


I see that, for you, no news is good news. 


  • Yes, no rest for the weary.


Maybe we’re being too negative. Let’s say “yes” more in our conversation.


  • No way, Jose. Oops, I mean, “Yes...I guess.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change