Riddles 2

 


Riddles 2


Like a pancake, but butter and syrup without.

Easily traveled, driver can see what’s about.

Name sounds like a flier, without a doubt.

It’s called great, vast not stout.

What am I?


Sometimes completely, often partly.

Insubstantial, yet can be threatening.

Some are found to be with a head in.

Where are we headin’ with this riddle?


Many different shapes.

A color of emerald.

Often drapes from tall landscapes.

For one season, a welcome herald.

What am I?


Around it spins.

Fast it wings.

Huge to us residents.

Tiny in the bigger picture of things.

What am I?


Made of rot,

And many minerals.

How can we not

Appreciate its value.

It is, after all, where our food grows,

And even makes a place for a wormy milieu.


People in the North, I conjecture,

Appreciate this thing, no need for a lecture.

More than the folks with more southerly exposure.

When it gets up, so do my spirits.

Because, in winter, there is so little of it.


Here’s two of something that smiles,

A window to the heart without wiles.

Two panes that say “I love you,”

Unconditionally, never a need for guile.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change