The Owl Asks Whooo

 The Owl Asks Whooo


Chocolate earth is frosted thick.

Trees are iced like candy sticks.

It’s why kids eat snow and icicle licks.


Overnight the snow poured down,

Quilted the ground with a milky down,

Cornice-curved roof lines to a snowy round.


Now snow stopped falling, but blizzard continues.

Wind-blown snow fills the avenues,

Including my driveway which yesterday I could see.

My shovel will need again to make it snow-free.


The owl demands whooo?

Whooo poured eggshell-white on the world?

Whooo covered my hunting ground?


No one can give the owl an answer.

As the sun rises, he and I will need to labor,

Me the shoveler, he the hunter.

For kids, snowfall is cool vanilla fudge.

For me and the owl, it’s a bit of a drudge.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change