Where Would I Be Without You?

 Where Would I Be Without You?


Thank you, paper!

Thank you, pencil!

Without you, what?

Scratch my words in the mud?

Chisel them in stone?

Scrimshaw them in bone?


And you, eraser, 

Thank you, too!

Without you, what?

Reams of paper crumpled up?

Squadrons of paper airplanes flying

Towards the wastebasket, trite words dying?


I will end this paean now as my eraser’s length has abated,

My paper has, from view, faded,

My nubby pencil almost eradicated,

And, horrors, my words might become badly stated.

So until I come up with words more polished,

Or my writing implements are replenished,

Suffice it to say, you have my gratitude forever unfinished...

Seriously? Forever unfinished?  

How about “forever undying?” But with “replenished” that’s not rhyming. 

Oh me! See what I mean?  Pencil, paper, eraser, HERE’s where I am without you.  

This needs to be put away for awhile in my “It’s Drafty in Here” file.

I’ll take it up in a...drat, my pencil lead is gone...

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Destiny

Songs God Hears

Real Change or Just Pocket Change