Mikka Bozu

 Mikka Bozu


From the Japanese, “a three-day monk who can stick to nothing.”


Tried weight loss

Tried weight gain

Tried white bread

Tried whole grain

Mikka Bozu am I


Tried less caffeine

Tried more caffeine

Tried substitutes for the bean

I try things on the fly


Tried omnivore

Tried carnivore

Tried vegivore

Even fruitivore

Food fads are my pie


Tried self-employed

Tried employee

Tried many ways to make do-re-mi

A job-holder temporary


Tried big bucks

Tried totally broke

Tried lots of ideas that went up in smoke

Financial hyperactivity


Tried working a lot

Tried traveling a lot

Now rarely move off one spot

Give me a reason why


Tried working-out

Tried laying back

Tried staying long in the sack

Sticking to something? Why?


Tried never standing when I can sit

Tried never sitting when I can lie

Why fight gravity


Tried New Year’s goals

Rarely stay the same

Change all the time 

That’s my name

That’s who am I


Tried writing prose

Doesn’t suit my style

One chapter takes a long, long while

My interest? Away it flies


My name Mikka Bozu

There’s one thing I’ve stuck to

In my changeable life

I’m loving a girl, the girl of my world

Tsuma, my companion, my wife








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Songs God Hears

My Destiny

Real Change or Just Pocket Change